The apostle Paul tells us in 1st Thessalonians 5:17 to pray continually, without ceasing (NKJ); Jesus told Peter, James and John to “watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation” Matt 26:41. Prayer is an integral part of the Christian life and should be a priority in our daily lives. For this reason prayer is a priority at Calvary the Cross. We devote a time to pray in our worship services and we set aside one day a month for prayer and fasting and believe that God is able to do mighty works through the prayers of the saints. James tells us to “confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” James 5:16.
Opportunities to join in Prayer
- Sunday Morning Prayer – A group meets every Sunday at 8:45 to pray for our Sunday service; from set-up to tear-down and everything in between as well as the upcoming week’s ministries and event. As the Spirit leads, such a faithful group that sees the privilege & power of prayer.
- Prayer List – An e-mail is sent out on a weekly basis with prayer requests for the body, family and friends.Throughout the week it is updated with immediate requests.When there is an urgent request phone calls are made.What a special way to stay connected through prayer. If you are not receiving this weekly prayer list you can complete a simple form on Sunday mornings or contact the church office.
- Men's Prayer Breakfast – With a focus on prayer, a group of men join together on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month for breakfast, devotions and prayer.
- Women of Prayer – An Intercessory Prayer Group of women meet at the church office the first and third Wednesday of the month from 10:00 – 11:30. This group spends time in prayer for personal needs, family, church body, country and world. A dedicated group with a firm belief; “I call on you O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” Psalm 17:6
- Day of Prayer and Fasting – On the last Wednesday of each month we have a Day of Prayer and Fasting. You can join us at the church office at noon for prayer or you can set aside some time on this day for prayer and fast one or more meals, as the Lord leads.
- Prayer Ministry Coordinator - Jim Garbutt